Bluepoint Solutions’ Industry Report “Disruption in Financial Services: Threats and Opportunities” Examines Forces that Will Shape the Future of Banking
–New technology and business models and changing demographics represent an existential threat to traditional financial institutions–
BAI Retail Delivery, Chicago.—Nov. 12, 2014—Bluepoint Solutions today announced the availability of an industry report, “Disruption in Financial Services: Threats and Opportunities.” This report examines three trends that are shaping the future of banking: technology innovation, new business models, and changing demographics. The historical market dominance over banking and payments that traditional institutions have maintained is in jeopardy; banks and credit unions face pressure from all sides to evolve to stay relevant.
To download a free copy of Bluepoint’s report, click here.
The report examines data from multiple sources and suggests potential defenses for institutions to fend off competitive threats from technology, retail, and telecom firms that are gaining traction in the payments and banking arenas.
Specific topics addressed in the report include:
- What are the biggest threats to banks’ and credit unions’ business models?
- What role do Millennials play in the next generation of banking technology?
- How are the big banks approaching mobile?
- How should financial institutions approach digital wallets, including Apple Pay?
- How are shifting consumer preferences impacting budget allocation and technology investment decisions at financial institutions?
- How can banks neutralize the threat of non-financial services companies that already (or might soon) offer payments or banking services?
- What are the best practices for building an omni-channel banking experience?
- Who will the winners and losers be in the next generation of financial services?
“The majority of banks and credit unions have been sitting on the sidelines of innovation for too long; their reluctance to innovate has created an opening for new categories of competition to enter the payments and banking markets,” said Andrew Tilbury, chief marketing officer for Bluepoint Solutions. “New technologies – particularly digital wallets and social media – and Millennial preferences and expectations are driving the creation of new business models that represent existential threats to traditional financial institutions. Denying these fundamental shifts is a recipe for failure; financial institutions need to evolve their culture, business models, and products to embrace the new reality or be left behind.”